Old 03-11-2008, 11:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Lemon tree

In article , says...

"aaahBisto" wrote
Hi, I have purchased a small lemon tree today, it was outdoors at a
gardening centre. The mrs is saying I need to bring it indoors into
the house cos it's from a hot country, it is currently in the
conservatory which is not heated. Does anyone please know if I
should indeed bring it inside? The instructions just said that it
could go outside in the summer, but nothing about overwintering
it...

Also i've filled up a recycle bin with compost to put veggies in and
grow indoors. Do you please know if I should drill drainage holes
in this and if so what can I use to collect the water that spills
out in terms of a tray... Seemed like a good idea at the time. It
has carrots and onions in. Many thanks.

Cold conservatory..yes
Warm/hot house..certain death.
Your shout.

Get hold of some winter feed (They sell it in tubs) and use it.

Are we talking Garden centre or is it a bit more specialized? my recently
rescued trees definately need a helping hand! (I think they may be
oranges as the leaves smell and taste more orange than lemon) Its the
flowers I am more interested in than the fruit.
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk