Old 03-11-2008, 01:41 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Dioclese Dioclese is offline

Default Which is better for the lawn over the winter?

"Lawn Guy" wrote in message ...

It's my opinion that (most, many, or all) people would like to have an
extra $10 in their pocket right now. Is that an opinion, or fact? Can
an opinion never be shown to also be a fact?

In my opinion, depends on the cost of getting that $10.00. Its been my
experience, thus my opinion, that nothing in life is really ever free.
Since I was raised a genuine Christian, independent, try to not to live in
denial, and a thinking person as well, I know that $10.00 will cost someone.
I know if I was on the paying end of the $10.00, I would not like it. So,
treating others how I would like to be treated, I doubt that it would ever
be acceptable to me, in my opinion.

Facts, in the final analysis, are actually accepted opinions from those with
vast knowledge and research of a given "fact", in my opinion of course. So,
your question regarding an opinion ever be shown to also be a fact amounts
to an opinion being someone else's opinion, in my opinion of course.

A majority poll of a given populace of one's opinion on a specific matter
does not make that empirical evidence. Especially if that poll is assumed
by a closed and unconsciously discriminant observations of others (in my
opinion, a protected environment to protect one's viewpoint). Example:
"Everybody does it". Therefore, the basis is invalid based on the method at
arriving at the premise. All of the previous is my opinon of course.
--
Dave

If it looks like fish, smells like fish, its not
a cantaloupe.