Old 03-11-2008, 02:49 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Dioclese Dioclese is offline

Default Which is better for the lawn over the winter?

wrote in message

It applies to me, because it is better. I'm a non-bagger. Just
the fact that you use the term "non-bagger" suggests you live
somewhere in an urban area with a lot of houses, parking lots and not
many trees. Because in most rural places with folks with lots of
trees and experience, bagging doesn't exist. If I had to bag, I'd be
down at the muncipal offices, bitching big time. Here anyone who
wants to have their leaves taken away, simply blows or rakes them into
the street. The township comes by every couple of weeks from Nov
thru Dec and vacuums them up. I pitty the guys wasting natural
resources, money and a lot of time stuffing leaves into bags. If I
did that, I'd have a hundred bags.

---------------

Even sadder is a person running for county commissioner here that wants to
implement building permits and inspections county-wide. Among other
implications, it means I need a permit and inspection for any outbuilding I
want on my own place. As far as homebuilders, the commonly accepted house
plan passes IRC specifications here. Bear in mind, all of the previous is
my opinion based on information provided to me.

The leaf rakers/baggers in the county will probably all vote for that guy.
The "herd" instinct is very strong in such individuals lacking individual
thought outside of their own realm of self-limited perception. That's what
I believe anyway.

I live 5 miles from the closest town. The 5 and 10 acre plots here may
accomodate a home. There is a homeowners association. Their seemingly only
focus is unacceptance of raising hogs due to its odor travel. Other
livestock is okay. There's talk of repealing even that restriction to
dissuade some unsavory non-rural types from moving out here.

Understand that most folks in rural areas don't have storm drains in their
streets. There's adequate drainage area that is unoccupied by homes or
streets. The urban and suburban folks, if there's adequate leaf ground
coverage, may, but not always, suffer from storm drain problems if that
fallen leaf population is not addressed. Some prefer to push their method
of addressing this fallen leaf population on others. Regardless, the actual
drainage problem, rather, an excuse to make their little world as they
perceive it should be. AKA leaf rakers/baggers...
--
Dave

If it looks like fish, smells like fish, its not
a cantaloupe.