Old 04-11-2008, 01:25 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default How raised is raised

In article ,
"David E. Ross" wrote:

I have one raised bed, a square just about a foot high and 40 inches on
a side. This is for a Mineola tangelo because citrus needs soils that
draing very well while my soil is adobe clay. The bed is framed with a
single layer of unmortared cinder blocks. I filled the holes in the
blocks with potting mix and planted wax-leaf begonias in them.

I've also built two raised beds with unmortared cinderblock 3 bricks
high, and that hardly takes skilled labor. ;-) I like them but do have
to add soil to them every year.

Not that that's a bad thing.

I like them.

One is for asparagus and the other is for dad's medicinal flowers such
as marigold and purple cone flower.
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama