Old 04-11-2008, 02:07 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Val Val is offline

Default How raised is raised

I've seem then with plastic over to make mini greenhouses and bird netting
over, and just left as beds. Very, very impressive and I want a number of
them but have only recently managed to find them.

Those are pretty spiffy bins! I used 10ft lengths of PVC pipe bent to arch
over my raised beds. Think covered wagon. You can actually get clips that
will hold materials to the pipe from greenhouse supply places. I used
plastic early and late season, netting to keep the birds out of assorted
yummy fruits and Remy (sp) cloth to keep out the bad bugs on certain crops.
The plastic extended my growing season by at least two and in some cases
three months and the netting saved all the strawberries for human
consumption.

Val