Old 03-11-2008, 10:07 PM posted to aus.gardens
faeychild faeychild is offline

Default birds and pea tendrils

Anne Chambers wrote:

faeychild wrote:
Do birds attack bean tendrils?

This morning I fully intended to put climbing poles and mesh around my beans
but when I went back out to do so some hours later, the tendril was lying
over half bitten and crushed.
This has happened to several plants. Don't know whether to persevere with
peas/beans or give up.

Has anyone had or seen this happen?

I'm in east Melbourne with magpies, ravens and lorikeets. I don't know if
any of them are to blame.

Yes, I found magpies attacking my climbing beans this morning.

Hmm slightly depressing news.

Do the beans still grow with the tendril chewed off?
Does it sprout a new one?

obviously I've never grown vegetable before.
--
faeychild