Old 03-11-2008, 10:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge Rusty_Hinge is offline

Default Transplanting lavenders

The message
from Janet Conroy contains
these words:
'Emrys Davies[_2_ Wrote:
;821445']"Janet Conroy" wrote
in
message ...-

I've decided that several lavenders in the parterre are getting too-
big-
and leggy and want to dig them out and move younger, smaller
specimens
from other parts of the garden to replace them. Is it too late for
this year?

Now is about the right time, apparently
http://tinyurl.com/693mn4

Thanks to you both. Given that the likely transplants are freebies
inherited when we moved here in March 2007, I'll give it a go.

You might think of stripping some seeds from spikes and laying them on a
bed of poor sandy soil, then covering them with very small pea shingle.

Keep moist but not wet.

You'll have a forest of them.

--
Rusty