Old 04-11-2008, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme Stephen Wolstenholme is offline

Default Receiving this newsgroup

On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 09:39:11 +0000, Gordon H
wrote:

In message , Janet Tweedy
writes
In article , Gordon H
writes

Like other demon users I await a resolution of their 'problem', but
time is running out; as a HomeOffice8000 user I am not getting my full
moneys' worth at present. 8-(

I wrote and asked when we were going to get the groups back and got a
very snotty reply.

8-(

This situation seems to have happened as they were taken over by Cable &
Wireless. The original Demon team were the best ISP, no doubt about
that, but I sense that the techies may have departed the ship as Thus
and now C&W took charge. Either that or maybe the spare hardware
capacity which Demon used to have has been dispensed with to save
money...

Demon still has very capable technical support but it is sometimes
difficult to get through to them. In over 15 years I have only needed
Demon technical support three times. The first call was answered by
local support and sorted out promptly. On the other two occasions the
calls went to support in India and they were also sorted out quickly.

Steve

--
Neural Planner Software Ltd http://www.NPSL1.com
SwingNN. Forecast with Neural Network. http://www.swingnn.com