Old 04-11-2008, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Ed Ed is offline

Default Garlic/onion frost damage

On 03/11/08 19:53, Sheldon wrote:
On Nov 3, 11:42�am, mleblanca wrote:
On Nov 2, 3:19 am, Ed ex@directory wrote:

With the recent heavy snow and ice we have had this past week, a goodly
number of my autumn planted garlics and onions have had their tops bent
over.
Will they recover or will I need to replant again?
Ed
(Herts, UK)

If you look right up there, indeed the poster did give a locale.
What do want? his mailing address????
Emilie

Unless someone was a local they'd not know that "Herts" is ghetto/slum
speak for Hertfordshire.

The UK includes England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, and the Isles...
that covers a few different bios... don't need (or even want) an
address, but a bit more specificity would help. It's only southern
England that has relatively mild winters, most of the UK is just as
cold and snowy as NY's Catskills.

No, no..... "Herts" is NOT slum speak. It is the official abbreviation
given by the Post Office and Royal Mail for the county of Hertfordshire
in SE England.

Also, the UK does not include Ireland ( aka the Republic of Ireland).
But does include the province of Northen Ireland. But what the heck are
the Isles?

But hey I only wanted to know if my garlic and onions will survive now
the tops have got bent over with the recent heavy snow and ice we
experienced last week.

Ed
(Herts, UK)