Old 04-11-2008, 09:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson[_3_] Sally Thompson[_3_] is offline

Default OT Blitzed

On Mon, 3 Nov 2008 18:46:09 +0100, Dave Hill wrote
(in article
):

When I opened my Email this morning it started down loading and just
didn't stop, when it reached 5807 I loged off and phoned the firm
hosting my website.
They should have had spam blocker on my account. They had to delete my
in box,
This was their email to me
"All done, you had 7,500 junk emails hitting your account from what
looked like a spammer in Russia."
I dont know if that is as well as those I downloaded or not.
Some nice person had spamed using my address and I got all the rejects
saying mail could not be delivered.
I'll probably get more for the next couple of days.
Dont you just love the internet,

Two things you could do to help in future, one is to mask your email address
on your web site, which I see has not been done at present (just looked at
your source code). Secondly, and even more effective, is to use a contact
form instead of an email address. However, now that it has been spammed you
might need to invent a new email address and ditch the old one!

Best of luck.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Posted through uk.rec.gardening