Old 04-11-2008, 05:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
hugh hugh is offline

Default Receiving this newsgroup

In message , rjbl
writes
David Rance wrote:
On Mon, 3 Nov 2008 Janet Tweedy wrote:

We got Demon for it's reliability but if they are going to chuck
newsgroups because they take up too much bandwidth then we will also
move.

I spent some time today looking at other ISPs. But quite a few others
that used to have a good name seem also to be going the same way as
Demon. Nildram used to have a good name but the latest feedback on them
suggests otherwise. The best I've found is Zen.

Well, I've always been cautious and won't jump immediately, but I've now
got a strategy if the worst comes to the worst.

David

P.S. On my frequent trips to France I'm still able to get newsgroups
from Wanadoo/Orange - and it's cheaper than Demon. the only thing I
don't have over there is a static IP.

There does seem to have been an issue with Demon picking up its feeds
from USENET for about a month; but it does look as if it is sorted now.
I don't think it, necessarily a sign that Demon has gone to the dogs -
quite a lot of the Usenet web services have been reporting message
replication issues over the last few weeks - could be a sudden increase
in global Usenet traffic??? The use of Usenet for political campaigning
in the US Election springs to mind as a possibility.

rjbl

More like two months - and no it ain't sorted.
--
hugh