Old 04-11-2008, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge Rusty_Hinge is offline

Default Receiving this newsgroup

The message
from Stephen Wolstenholme contains these words:
On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 13:41:33 GMT, Rusty_Hinge
wrote:

Hmmm. I think you are/used to be a Hi-Fi man? Know the Emporium?

Usenet in fact, has contracted significantly from what it was only two
or three years ago.

The number of new groups being added is still running quite high but
most of them are rubbish.

Maybe, but the number of text posts is drastically diminished.

The number of Usenet bytes is much higher than a few years ago due to
all the binary groups.

Yup. Even Zetnet carries a few - but only if requested.

Usenet text is drowning in binaries and spam. It a great pity for
those of us who can't spare the time to surf the web!

I don't see the binaries, and seldom see the spam now we have an egg
sealant eejit-flitter.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig