Old 04-11-2008, 11:32 PM posted to chi.general,rec.gardens
SYMPLASTLESS222 SYMPLASTLESS222 is offline

Default Any great plant sales in Chicago area?

Sure

Trees properly dug, woody roots pruned, site prepared before digging tree
and tree not out of the ground for two hours and planted at depth woody
roots come off trunk, will cost more, but trees out of ground for extended
period, with crushed woody roots and planted too deep is a major waste of
money. We strive for top quality trees.
We also give a five year warranty on trees we plant and care for. Most
people give one year otherwise. Our Christmas tree looked good months after
Christmas but had a serious problem. To have organic trees, some special
care must be taken to reduce capacity for predisposition to insects and
other clean-up crew organisms by practices that place a tree in a
predisposition.
E.g., Trees out of ground too long, trees with crushed woody roots, planted
too deep, planted in wrong area are just the beginning of the list of
predisposition stimulators.
Planting
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20..._planting.html

We like to provide people with high quality trees. Anybody can dig a tree
and plop it in a hole. It takes a professional to do it correctly. I would
recommend spending a few dollars to have a safe, healthy and attractive tree
10 years down the road.

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.