Old 04-11-2008, 09:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Transplanting lavenders

On Nov 2, 10:29 pm, Janet Conroy Janet.Conroy.
wrote:
I've decided that several lavenders in the parterre are getting too big
and leggy and want to dig them out and move younger, smaller specimens
from other parts of the garden to replace them. Is it too late for
this year?

--
Janet Conroy

Janet, when I pruned my lavenders, severely, they didn't shoot again.
I find that in my garden in France, quite sandy in places and clay in
others, that in the sandy part, the lavenders have self seeded and I
have many new plants.

Judith