Old 05-11-2008, 08:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens
Graham Harrison[_2_] Graham Harrison[_2_] is offline

Default Japanese gardens

"Bill" wrote in message
In article ,
wrote:

I am going to Tokyo on business, and shall arive fairly early on
Saturday, half blotto. I should like to visit some gardens, but
wasn't very impressed by the Tokyo ones when I was last there
(with one exception). I should also be interested to ride the
bullet train.

So, does anyone have any suggestion of good gardens to visit that
can be visited in c. 6 hours from Tokyo, without too much hassle
(which I won't be able to handle in that state)?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

http://www.phototravels.net/kyoto/zen-gardens-index.html

Išve no idea if Kyoto is possible to visit.

There is always more so he is some.

http://www.jnto.go.jp/eng/location/rtg/pdf/pg-808.pdf

Hope it is useful.

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Kyoto is about 2hrs 20/2hrs 30 on a Nozomi - Hikari take longer (but are
cheaper) and Kodama even longer (over 3 hrs 30). Some of the gardens are
some way from the station (which is a sight in itself) but the bus service
is reasonably easy and not too slow. If you have time I might be tempted
to go a bit further to Okyama
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5701.html but
you'd need to spend the night away from Tokyo.