Old 05-11-2008, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default OT Blitzed

On 5 Nov, 19:38, Rusty_Hinge wrote:
The message
from "Bob Hobden" contains these words:

Our filter does the same, directs them to a Spam File but it's still
easy to
miss a wrongly directed mail from a new correspondent amongst a couple of
hundred junk mails, as happened to me a few days ago.
People in my address book are never put in the spam file but this
person was
new and I didn't know their e-mail address.

Hmm. I rarely get more than three spam items in a download. Can't
remember having more than six.

Nearly all my spam ATM is phishing.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

It's OK saying to change my email address, but when it has been in use
for several years and is the one that is known to customers, press and
others it isn't so easy without loosing a lot of contacts, orders etc.
I find I am often listed in articles as a supplier but am seldom
contacted to check before publication.
I find rhat a couple of hundred spam a day is fairly normal, many of
them now in Russian.
I use a spam filter and scan quickly for items that have been picked
up by accident, but if you are going to check them all then there is
no point in having a filter.
I have to do a new web site and the idea of masking my email address
is a good point
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries