Old 05-11-2008, 11:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge Rusty_Hinge is offline

Default OT Blitzed

The message
from Dave Hill contains these words:

It's OK saying to change my email address, but when it has been in use
for several years and is the one that is known to customers, press and
others it isn't so easy without loosing a lot of contacts, orders etc.
I find I am often listed in articles as a supplier but am seldom
contacted to check before publication.

I don't think anyone suggested you should change your address, but you
could do with a better spam management régime. How you go about that is
your pigeon.

I find rhat a couple of hundred spam a day is fairly normal, many of
them now in Russian.

The trick is to try not to release directly your address on Usenet or the WWW.

Look at http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/ and see how mine's hidden
from the spambots. (That's one way, anyway)

I use a spam filter and scan quickly for items that have been picked
up by accident, but if you are going to check them all then there is
no point in having a filter.

Well, with the number you attract I can't fault that observation. See above.

I have to do a new web site and the idea of masking my email address
is a good point

Bah! Obscure-rays!

Do it in your Usenet address too. (See my sig - it doesn't have to be
that obfuscated, though.)

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig