Old 10-04-2003, 05:32 PM
Carl Beyer

Default Lighting in Koi Pond questions

I can't seem to find the answer to this question in any book.

Can I run pond lights all night without effecting the fish? The pond is
along a walkway, and I would like to illuminate it for both asthetic and
safety issues.

Secondly, I experemented with a fountain just putting Low Voltage lights
in the water. My method has been soldering wire to the bulb leads, then
coating with a bunch of marine goop to seal, and then placing it in the
water. I have also done this without sealing the connections...
anyway, would this low voltage in any way adversely effect Koi or
goldfish?

Thanks in advance.

Carl

http://www.cobaltbluefilms.com