Old 10-04-2003, 05:44 PM
Warwick Dumas

Default Grape Hyacinths

"Essjay001" wrote in message
hayley scribbled:

"Michael" wrote in message
Help! I am being overrun by hundreds of grape hyacinths. I cannot
get rid of them by seperating them from the soil as it is lumpy
clay. Systemic weedkiller didn't do much to them. They are speading
and growing lots of new bulbs. Can anyone please tell me how I can
destroy them.

why? don't you like them?
Hayley

Thats not very helpful!

Did anyone else notice when this ng was officially brought under the aegis
of the Helpfulness Police? I think I must have missed it. :-(

It happens that the natural habitat of grape hyacinths has been largely
destroyed and if gardeners don't look after them, we one day might not have
them. The point of view that they should not ever be destroyed by the
bucketload is perfectly tenable, and there is no reason for anyone to feel
shy of expressing it. There's if anything even less reason to worry about
questioning someone else's taste, imho.

Warwick Dumas