Old 06-11-2008, 10:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default OT WW1 War Records

"someone" wrote after
"Bob Hobden" wrote
You may or may not know I'm well into Family History and thought some
others may have had relatives in or killed during the First World War.
Ancestry.com are allowing free access to the War Records at this time so
you can look them up.
http://landing.ancestry.co.uk/intl/uk/worldwar1.aspx

My dad was in the ANZAC forces during WWI, would you know if they have a
similar site? I'd love to find out more about where his division went.

I don't know specifically as I haven't needed to research them but there are
some sites which may help...
http://www.firstaif.info/
http://www.rslwahq.org.au/history.html
http://www.nzhistory.net.nz/war/anzac-day/introduction

My first problem with WW1 is my Grandfather had his foot blown off and was
picked up and mended by the Germans, he of course then became a POW. After
he was repatriated his new metal foot with working ankle followed from
Germany. And there are no records about it in the UK.
My second problem is my wife's Grandfather disappeared between 1911 and 1916
when his wife remarried and legend says he was last seen marching over
Waterloo Bridge but there are no records about him at all, no deaths, no
army records.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden