Old 07-11-2008, 01:33 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly Eggs Zachtly is offline

Default Which is better for the lawn over the winter?

Lawn Guy said:

Bob F wrote:

This is one of the worst lawn advise postings I think I've ever seen.

Then why did you full-quote most of it?

And why did you not quote the last part pertaining to tree diseases
propagating from leaf litter? Are you also claiming that that was
innacurate, false or fabricated information?

No, dumbass. They obviously claimed that what they quoted was the worst
lawn advice they'd ever seen. They were correct. Please try and keep up.

It's a fact that municipal gov'ts do not want to see cut grass taking up
valuble space in landfills so they invent new propaganda that leaving
clippings on the lawn is better for your lawn.

Source? Other than your own feeble mind, of course.

It's a fact that you will need to mow more frequently if you don't bag
your grass.

No. It's a fact that you need to mow your lawn as often as needed, whether
you bag or not. Are you saying that if you bag it, you can just let it grow
longer, and cut more off of it?

It's a fact that you will need to pay more attention to thatch and that
grass cuttings will promote thatch buildup if you don't bag your grass.

Bullshit. Or, are you the only one that's right, and the major universities
that specialize in turf care management are wrong? I provided one source
(University of Missouri) to back up my statement, in another thread. I'll
happily provide more. I'm still waiting for you to back up yours. Oh,
that's right. You can't.

You obviously don't know shit about thatch, as your repeated statements
about it prove. I even provided the definition for you. Did you have
trouble comprehending it?

At the country club I work at, the *only* grass that gets "bagged" is the
bent grass greens, because of their cut height. They're mowed daily and the
clippings are practically powder. It would tend to cling to a rolling ball.
I don't think the membership would appreciate that. The Zoysia fairways and
Tall Fescue rough *never* get bagged, their clippings are dispersed. In the
six years I've been at this club, I've *never* seen a power rake have to go
out. Not one time. I can guarantee that your lawn doesn't look near as good
as any area of our course.

It's a fact that grass clippings WILL NOT provide most of the nutrients
required by a healthy lawn, and at best will provide only 25% of the
required nutrients and that commercial fertilizer applications will be
necessary anyways.

Noone said that it will "provide most of the nutrients required by a
healthy lawn". Show us where someone said that. Again, you can't.

It's a fact that the thicker the lawn, the more problematic it is to
leave the grass clippings on the lawn. This becomes important as people
resort to over-seeding as a method of weed control vs using herbicides.

Where's your /reliable/ source(s) for all of your 'facts'? Oh, that's
right. It's/they're in your head.

You're related to Stubby, aren't you.

Keep dancing, dumbass. You continuously show you don't know shit about lawn
care.
--

Eggs

-"God is dead." - Nietzsche