Old 07-11-2008, 12:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default OT WW1 War Records

"'Mike'" wrote

My wife's Grandfather has no known grave, but through that site we were
able to find which War Memorial he is listed on, in his case Arras. We
went there and saw the inscription and because of the information, were
able to research what actually happened to him. Almost to what he had for
breakfast the morning he was killed!!

Anyone doing research has a wonderful friend these days ......... Google.
I do Military History themed illustrated talks, did one last Tuesday and
doing another on a different theme next Monday and the information and
photos I have received via Google ......... well. Superb. Transfer the
information and pictures to the computer, use the PowerPoint programme and
a Projector and there you have it. :-))

Unfortunately there is no mention of my wife's Grandfather anywhere except
possibly on the Medals Roll where it just says K in A. But then we don't
know if that was him or not, there are 4 possibilities there anyway, five if
you include he simply disappeared. The National Archives at Kew are no help
either, been there a few times without success.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden