Old 10-04-2003, 06:08 PM
Gene S

Default Freeze Tuesday night?

It froze here for sure Tuesday night, and probably
a little last night. I placed the 16oz WallyMart cups
over the tomato & pepper plants - "all 120 survived
just fine". The five large ones that I could not stuff
into the plastic cups all froze - they died a horrible
death.

Here's a simple solution that worked 100% - free rocks
on top of cheap plastic cups:
http://members.thegateway.net/genes/ORCHARD.JPG

CAUTION: get the cups "OFF" as soon as the sun comes up,
else the plants may get steamed.

Gene
Briggs,TX

--
E-mail:

"Gene S" wrote in message
Just set out 100 tomato & pepper plants:-(

Assuming it will freeze tomorrow night, is there an
easy way to protect them? Plastic sandwich bags?
As a kid, I remember Grampa putting tiny white paper
snow-cone things over the plants & placing dirt around
the base. Never grew any snow-cones.

Thanks,
Gene

--