Old 08-11-2008, 01:56 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
SteveB[_6_] SteveB[_6_] is offline

Default How raised is raised

"len gardener" wrote in message
g;day steve,

our plan is to use corrugated to raise our beds even more as we get
older, probably initially we will get the lengths cut into 1/2 width,
and use 6' galvanised star pickets as supports these pickets then can
be used to support tomato's or trellises for beans etc.,.

for us those ready made frames mentioned in a link in another post are
too expensive.

After unloading the sheets for my shade cover, I have decided that it will
do just fine to get about 3' (1 meter in your town) lengths, and then bury
them about a foot with dirt tamped around the bottom. 2 x 4 (sorry, don't
know the metric for that) tops to protect from the sharp edges, and some
brackets to hold the wood together. Easy, cheap, and fast. If they rust
out, I'll just do them again, or maybe even do a double layer to start.

Steve