Old 10-04-2003, 06:20 PM
R&V Childers

Default Lowes Gem

I was in the local Lowes yesterday getting some things for my greenhouse
and decided to check out the plants. I don't usually get my Orchids from
home repair stores like Lowes or Home Depot, but there is the occasional
good buy. Wednesday was one of those days! I found a white Phal with two
plants and three spikes in a six inch pot with leaves over a foot
across. It was in oustanding shape and as I was checking out the roots,
I found a name tag. To my surprise, I discovered I had a named plant
that was awarded an AM as well. To top it off, the plant was priced at
$14.95. I'm not a big Phal fan personally, but needless to say, I
purchased this particular Phal. A picture of this gem is posted at
A.B.P.O.

Bob C.

http://vchilder.home.netcom.com