Old 08-11-2008, 03:15 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill R Bill R is offline

Default question about indoor Mum

Jane wrote:
I have a beautiful mum plant in my dining room. It's full of bright
yellow, daisy like flowers. It is not the hardy variety and I live in
Boston - cold! I've had it for about a month and the flowers are
starting to fade.

When the flowers go do I have to throw it out or can I do something to
save it until next year?

Thanks

It might not be worth the trouble but you can save non-hardy mums from
year to year.

You can cut all the flowers off, put it close to a window (southern
exposure if you can) and water it. After the weather warms up (about
June in your area ) you can set it outside or plant it in the garden
and it will bloom again. To get more flowers pinch off the blooms when
they first develop until about August.

--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera - Pentax *ist DL