Old 08-11-2008, 09:30 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
San Diego Joe San Diego Joe is offline

Default Wow! It got cold here

wrote:

the water celery is highly resistant too. I have not had a lot of luck with
getting
water cress to root. Maybe I will try some in water in a container to get it
going
first. thanks. Ingrid

On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 16:07:32 EST, ~ jan wrote:
You know..... you might want to try water cress in your winter veggie
filter, it is very hardy down to freezing. In your warmed pond I bet it
would grow well.

I believe watercress is a 'day length' plant. Less sunshine and it dies
back.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.