Old 10-11-2008, 12:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] pinksnack@gmail.com is offline

Default Mail order fruit trees

On Nov 10, 8:12*am, "
wrote:
I am just about to embark on planting a small orchard- with standard
fruit trees- Does anyone out there have any good experiences with
Fruit tree mail order companies- there seems to be loads out there.
Thanks

I bought bare-root apples etc. from Victoriana nurseries this time
last year and found them a pleasure to deal with. http://www.victoriananursery.co.uk
They also sell beautiful children's spades.

I only found them because Keepers nurseries (+ some others) wouldn't
ship to Ireland (although Keepers answered me promptly and politely,
to be fair to them.)

I ended up spending £165 with Victoriana that time (and can't
understand why some other nurseries won't even quote me a price for
shipping over here.)

Hope this helps.