Old 10-11-2008, 05:02 PM posted to rec.gardens
David E. Ross David E. Ross is offline

Default Ornamental grass and prennials

On 11/9/2008 3:59 PM, whitedove007 wrote:
I acquired several pots of ornamental grass, and assorted prennials
free from our local Agway; they were going to throw out all the
remaining perennials and told me I could have all that I wanted free
so I loaded up my car. The weather has turned cold here so I did not
have time to put them all in the ground I moved them all into larger
pots and lined some of them up against my stockade fence, and some are
just in my garden in pots I also got several other types of plants
some had no tags in them so they are mystery plants to me. My question
is will these plants survive the winter in the flowerpots? Is there
any quick easy ways to protect them, until I can plant them in the
gardens in the spring?

Pam

I have no problem in keeping perennials outdoors year round. Even the
light night-time frosts we get in the winter do not affect them.

However, your climate might be quite different from mine. Questions
such as yours should always include some information about where you live.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean