Old 10-11-2008, 05:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ping Datura and C.Lucifer requestees

In article ,
Rusty_Hinge wrote:
The message

from Judith in France contains these words:

I put on surgeon's' gloves to handle them Nick as I am sure that the
poison can be transmitted through the skin? How would you assess the
risk of that?

Pretty-well non-existent?

Indeed. One might reasonably do that before pruning them, as the
sap might have an effect that way, but not the seeds. There are
seeds that are bad to touch, but mostly because of fine hairs or
a covering of goo, and the former may go through surgeon's gloves
anyway. And datura seeds have neither.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.