Old 10-11-2008, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Astelia Silver Spear.

In article b6524a02-6007-4d8f-8a5e-
,
says...

I went to Wicks(builders merchants) today and found they have a small
garden centre, mostly run of the mill plants but they had some 10inch
pots of Astelia Silver Spear, The plant I got was twice the size of
any other there and the price was £9.95p
Looks interesting and may well suit my damp shaded areas.
Anyone here ever tried it?
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Yes sadly mine never grew, may have been the conditions although word was
that a batch had been micro proped and it had resulted in dwarf plants (I
would image that they have rectified that by now!)
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk