Old 11-11-2008, 03:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bobbie Bobbie is offline

Default pansy assassin

Martin wrote:
On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 11:40:14 +0000 (GMT), wrote:

In article ,
Martin wrote:
Give them Heineken.
Reaches the prats that other beers...
Nah. Try Stella or Fosters for that. Or perhaps you don't call them
beers :-)
I don't find them drinkable - seriously, I'd rather drink water.
Agreed. And I have taken precisely that decision more than once :-)
I hope you don't drink Heineken, Nick )

On occasion, but it has gone badly downhill over the past 40 years,
and I generally avoid it. I used to like Amstel and Oranjeboom,
but they have gone the same way. The bigger the chain, the less
character.

IMO Oranjeboom was already poor 40 years ago when Allied Brewers took it over
because the Dutch wouldn't drink it. I can remember being warned that if an
Indonesian restaurant sold Oranjeboom the food was probably poor too.
Nowadays Oranjeboom is another InBev product.
Amstel has come out of the same chemical plant as Heineken for at least two
decades.
Stick to Adnams, nobody ever used Adnams to kill slugs.

LOL I wonder if it would be any good at all asking a question about
gardening?
I keep seeing this person posting URG rules, is he a joker?
Two chaps who are obviously so knowledgeable about beer and lager will
no doubt be able to tell me if Bowles Mauve Erysimum will flower next
year too. I was always under the impression this was a perennial, but
was told today that it was not.
It has flowered prolifically for the past 3 years. I have done nothing
but cut it back each Spring, This year is has been in flower and is
still in flower, from March.
I could of course look on Google, but this looks a lot more fun, I might
even learn if Real Ale is any good for killing mozzies.

Bobbie.