Old 11-11-2008, 11:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
ljp other ljp other is offline

Default bougainvillea woes - losing leaves and flowers - watering,feeding, etc...

On Oct 26, 3:59 am, JayDee wrote:
i used to water my bougainvillea on the balcony (facing northwest on
my 2nd floor balcony) by letting it virtually dry out, then flooding
it with a couple gallons

so my question is, should I change the way I'm watering back to dry/
drench or keep the soil damp?

I have a bougainvillea indoors and let it dry out between waterings.
Generally, when the leaves start to droop, it's time to water. The
vine is about 10 years old and about 10 feet long. Were you having
trouble keeping it alive?