Old 12-11-2008, 10:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default pansy assassin

someone wrote:
"Judith in France" wrote in message
On Nov 10, 3:57 pm, Rusty_Hinge
wrote:
The message

from Judith in France contains these words:

I tried organic methods, once, of getting rid keeping slugs and snails
off my plants in pots, but, they were in the soil, I handpicked
several times but they still came back and I resorted to slug
pellets. On my parents grave, I have an awful problem when putting
fresh flowers there, within a couple of days they are almost eaten!
They are buried in a lovely old flint walled churchyard and I don't
like to throw green pellets around, any tips???
Throw blue ones?

D&RFC

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

I tried egg shells Rusty, that was a waste of time.

I've used soft soap/green soap with success against slugs and snails, they
hate the stuff. You can buy soft soap/green soap in small tubs in some
garden centres, it's a sticky brown compound. The soap must be made with
potassium, not sodium.

Is that to do with potassium being a nutrient?

I spray the soil around my plants with a solution
of this stuff and it seems to work. I also rub the soft soap around the
edges of my trays in the greenhouse, the slugs won't cross it, like garlic
to vampires.

someone