Old 12-11-2008, 11:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bobbie[_3_] Bobbie[_3_] is offline

Default pansy assassin

Rusty_Hinge wrote:
The message
from Bobbie contains these words:

Now I like the sound of that. I use a soap solution for black fly and
it also works pretty well with most aphids. I just continue to look
for organic alternatives to all the toxic chemicals we have used for
so many years. Not only that, the chemicals kill off the good guys. I
have never tried it against slugs. I will now.

Gwan! Agent Orange! DDT! Red lead! Arsenic! Strychnine!

Mix em all together and I bet it gets rid of yer slugs...

LOL, fer sure.....and every other thing in sight. I would love to see
folks use less chemical methods, but I do realise that with Balsam and
Japanese Knot weed creeping up on us like invading Triffids, soft soap
isn't always the answer. Grand daughters are good. We pay ours to
hand pick caterpillars, and netting will often deter carrot fly. It's
hard work I know, but I have dogs and goats and chickens and poisons
are out. However we are almost self sufficient in vegetables now and
the flower beds have been a real treat this year.
btw did you have many Crane fly this year?

Bobbie