Old 12-11-2008, 10:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Garrapata Garrapata is offline

Default ID please

Will it grow outdoors in Yorkshire?

It's worth trying. It is deciduous, there will be new buds at the base.
You might try propagating some of the non-variegated parts - leaves or
stems - and try them outside first

According to one web-site it is from the mountains of Japan and is hardy
to -10F
In fact, it would be good to know cultivation methods.

I've only grown it in a pot. It isn't fussy. I give regular water when
it is growing and repot every other year or so

I'm very excited now - and wondering how I got it. Did I, for instance,
'rescue' a small piece from a display

Here it is very common in pots of mixed succulents
--

09=ix