Old 13-11-2008, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ping Datura and C.Lucifer requestees

On Nov 12, 11:17 pm, wrote:
In article ,
Judith in France wrote:

My Lucifer have gone crazy this year, when digging up some for
PeteC, one corm had at least 10 new corms clinging to it. A word
of advice to Pete and Sheila, plant them very sparingly because in
just one season they will multiply.

What do they like.....shade/sun etc... ?

Sun. They aren't dogmatic about it, but don't handle deep shade well.

Thanks Nick

Uh oooh Pete, mine are not in sun, they are taking over, so goodness
knows what they will do in full sun.

Flower better? Many plants grow well in shade, but flower better
in sun. My understanding is that Crocosmia is one such species.
My reservation was only about DEEP shade!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

I would say that the flowers are no different to the ones in full
sun. In deep shade I agree nothing much does well unless you know
something that does Nick?

Judith