Old 13-11-2008, 08:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge Rusty_Hinge is offline

Default pansy assassin

The message
from Anne Welsh Jackson contains these words:
Rusty_Hinge wrote:
Anne Welsh Jackson wrote:
Rusty_Hinge wrote:

The problem in the country graveyard where my parents are
buried isn't slugs, it's rabbits, so slug pellets wouldn't work...
shotgun pellets might!

Ah there I can help. Have operational 10 bore, a big stack of rifles
from ·22" to (wait for it) 4-bore.

However, I think that the slugs from the last might be a tad unwelcome
in a graveyard, being an inch in diameter, and weighing-in at a
tad over
a quarter of a pound...

A source of smiles - as ever! G

Only if you are on neither end of the monster innit.

I couldn't hit a cow on the arse with a banjo, never mind a rabbit with
a slug - of whatever dimensions...

It's like firing about four barrels of a twelve-bore magnum all at once...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig