Old 14-11-2008, 09:19 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
R M Watkin R M Watkin is offline

Default How raised is raised

Hi All,
"JustTom" wrote in message
On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 19:10:11 +1100, "FarmI" ask@itshall be given
wrote:

Everyone thinks Sheldon is slightly doolal. Dunno about Dioclese, but
given
s/he is posting on usent then s/he has got to be suspect too.

Hmm...Google was no help with "doolal".

All I could find was "doolally" which seems to fit the context.

http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/featur...earch=doolally

Definition: U.K. an offensive term meaning irrational ( informal )

Is that definition close?

From what I can gather from people who were in the British army. There is a
place called Dolally, if you were sent to this camp nothing happened and you
ended up going mad with sheer boredom. that is were th phrase came from.
hope this helps you.

Richard M. Watkin.