Old 15-11-2008, 02:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
OhioGuy OhioGuy is offline

Default Bringing pepper plant in for Winter?

Has anyone successfully brought a pepper plant in for the Winter? I
brought one of ours, a jalapeno, in just a day before we got our killing
frost last week. It is transplanted into a 4 gallon bucket near a south
facing kitchen window. I think it needs to re-establish its root
system, but I do see some tiny green leaves here and there. I pruned
back most of the plant, because it had grown far too tall. I felt that
I needed to lessen the demands on the roots in the short term. Plus,
with fewer leaves, I could look them over more easily for aphids.

Anyway, does anyone have any tips or suggestions from having
successfully taken a pepper plant through the winter before? Thanks!