Old 15-11-2008, 04:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dioclese Dioclese is offline

Default Bringing pepper plant in for Winter?

"OhioGuy" wrote in message ...
Has anyone successfully brought a pepper plant in for the Winter? I
brought one of ours, a jalapeno, in just a day before we got our killing
frost last week. It is transplanted into a 4 gallon bucket near a south
facing kitchen window. I think it needs to re-establish its root system,
but I do see some tiny green leaves here and there. I pruned back most of
the plant, because it had grown far too tall. I felt that I needed to
lessen the demands on the roots in the short term. Plus, with fewer
leaves, I could look them over more easily for aphids.

Anyway, does anyone have any tips or suggestions from having
successfully taken a pepper plant through the winter before? Thanks!

Just curious. Jalapenos are easy to grow, and grow quite tall as you've
seen yourself. Wondering as to why your not planting seed next season
instead...
--
Dave

If it looks like fish, smells like fish, its not
a cantaloupe.