Old 16-11-2008, 03:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge Rusty_Hinge is offline

Default HELP. I have hopping shrimp like bugs in my garden

The message
from flyingelephant contains
these words:

Hi. I have lots of small hopping brown shrimp/flea like bugs in the
garden hiding under leaves, stones etc. Are they Arcitalitrus
Sylvaticus?
What do they do, are they harmfull in any way and is there anything I
should do about them?

Common. Never bothered to ask what they are, but I've had them hopping
around amongst the débris round my gardening efforts for the last - oh -
sixty-five years.

I've never noticed them doing anything harmful.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig