Old 10-04-2003, 08:08 PM
WhiskerFish

Default CO2 system components

Hello All

I have a 2 1/2 Watt per gallon planted 55 gal tank . I have
been researching and starting to put together a CO2 injection system
and am looking for some pointers/ do's and don't do's.

I am very fortunate to have a Swagelok distributer just a few
miles down the road. I have settled on the Swagelok B-SS2 metering
Valve. I am not sure yet but am leaning toward the Swagelok PFA
Tubing. It is supposed to be resistent to CO2 and Carbonic Acid.
Have any of you used this??

Next is a Anti-Siphon/ Check valve. Swagelok sells a few but
I am concerned about the cracking pressures. With a flow rate so low
it can be measured by bubbles per minute will the tube have enough
pressure to maintain the cracking pressure or would it cycle every few
minutes as it builds up pressure and then dump into the tank?? The
lowest I see in the catalouge is 1/3 of a PSI. I have the charts but
I am just not knowledgable enough in these things to figure it out!
If this will not work are there any recommendations??

Also I am looking for recommendations on a reactor/ chamber.

I hate throwing away money so thanks for any info anyone cares to
share!

WF