Old 17-11-2008, 01:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sleepalot Sleepalot is offline

Default HELP. I have hopping shrimp like bugs in my garden

AriesVal wrote:

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 12:22:05 +0000, flyingelephant wrote:

Hi. I have lots of small hopping brown shrimp/flea like bugs in the
garden hiding under leaves, stones etc. Are they Arcitalitrus
Sylvaticus?
What do they do, are they harmfull in any way and is there anything I
should do about them?
Thanks.

We used to have those critters when we lived by the sea but not seen them
anywhere else

There's a beach, somewhere around Barmouth, Wales: I used to go
there on holiday in the '60's. The beach was alive with sandhoppers.

--
Sleepalot aa #1385