Old 17-11-2008, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider Spider is offline

Default tiny white "eggs" on soil of indoor succulent

"Tom" wrote in message
Hi, I have about 30 cacti and succulents indoors. One suddenly has lots of
little white things about 1mm across in the soil.

They look like eggs. I've just brought some plants inside, and did find a
beetle on my floor the other day..

Is there anything I should do? I love this plant and apart from this it's
doing really well.

Cheers,

Tom

Because you saw a beetle, I wondered about the Vine Weevil but, on Googling,
I note their eggs are brown. I don't know what 'your' eggs are, but just in
case the 'beetle' you saw was VWeevil, I would stock up on a proprietory VW
pesticide. Better safe than sorry.

As to the mystery eggs, the best advice I can give you is to isolate the
affected plant and repot it in clean compost. I know it's not the ideal
time of year, but repotting seems to me the lesser risk. I know that
someone suggested the 'eggs' were maybe fertiliser, but I wouldn't have said
that fertiliser granulues were *that* tiny .... the same much applies to
snail eggs.

Spider