Old 18-11-2008, 01:05 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,misc.rural
Jim[_19_] Jim[_19_] is offline

Default Which is better for the lawn over the winter?

Janet Conroy wrote:

[....]
-
I would never waste beer on the lawn. If I drink the
beer, I don't care
what the lawn looks like! :-)-

Sheer profundity! =)
-
foamidity!

Would've thought a simple question about leaves on lawns could generate
so much venom? I can feel the testosterone coming off the computer
screen.

--
Janet Conroy

on a street in a city there is a row of row houses. each
with it's postage stamp size lot of 1/10 of an acre.

Joseph lives in-between two beer drinkers with the above
mentioned regard for the appearance of their lawns.

on Monday Joseph rakes his lawn and because he is a city
person the enormous task takes him all day leaving him only
a few minutes of day light to enjoy his raked and cleaned lawn.

on Tuesday morning Joseph finds all the leaves from the beer
drinker living to his right have during the night blown into
his yard.

Joseph spends all day Tuesday raking his lawn again and yes due
to the enormous task he only has a few minutes of day light left
at the end of the day to enjoy his clean lawn.

on Wednesday morning Joseph finds all the leaves from the beer
drinker living to his left have during the night blown into his
yard.

Joseph spends all day Wednesday raking his lawn for the third day
in a row and yes due to the enormous task he only has a few minutes
of day light left at the end of the day to enjoy his clean lawn.
this time Joseph decides to turn on all 5 of his security lights so
he can enjoy his clean lawn for awhile longer than the previous two
days.

on Wednesday night both beer drinkers living on each side of Joseph
host sports guy hero worshiping parties in honor of their long awaited
annual sports guy event. on Thursday morning Joseph wakes to find his
lawn is littered with beer cans and pizza delivery boxes.

on Friday Joseph attempts to sell his house and move but finds due
to unforeseen circumstances he owes more on the house than it is worth.

on Saturday ....