Old 19-11-2008, 12:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default greenhouse

In article ,
says...

"Rusty_Hinge" wrote in message
k...
The message
from Janet Tweedy contains these words:
In article , Rusty_Hinge
writes

Butbutbut - if you spray the plain sheet with carpet adhesive you can
put the bubble side down and have your flat-both-sidedness.

Oh, er, I'll take your word for it Rusty!

Do - it works a treat. Depending on how many pieces you use, and how
small they are (or how large, if you're an optimist) it looks more or
less (or less or more) tidy.

--
Rusty

A few questions from her outdoors ;-)

1) The Bubblewrap we have in our greenhouse has to be replaced as the sun
breaks it down. Is this method any better to stop the decomposition of the
Bubblewrap?

2) How easy is it to get off when the decomposition does come and it has to
be replaced?

3) We find that Bubblewrap comes in different sorts of sizes and grades. Big
Bubbles. Small Bubbles etc. Which are best?

4) How is the best way to go about it in a full 8 x 6 greenhouse? ;-)

Look forward to your answers, .......... or offer to do ours ;-)

Mike

Mike, you can get UV proofed bubblewrap, it costs more but lasts up to 17
years.
Rusty's method of using UV resistant polythene (like old tunnel cover)
next to the glass then bubble wrap would also work, the glue was between
the plastic sheets not on the glass!
What ever you use the easiest way to fix it is those small green plastic
plugs that go in the slot then turn.
Big bubbles and a 1.2M roll will work best for 8x6' greenhouse.

I do the roof first, one whole piece each side, then the sides one whole
piece each side, followed by the ends which are fiddly, you may have to
cut around vents.
and no chance of doing yours, horrible job especially as I always leave
it untill the damn things are full then try and work around the plants!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk