Old 19-11-2008, 01:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default greenhouse

Charlie Pridham writes
In article ,
says...

1) The Bubblewrap we have in our greenhouse has to be replaced as the sun
breaks it down. Is this method any better to stop the decomposition of the
Bubblewrap?

Mike, you can get UV proofed bubblewrap, it costs more but lasts up to 17
years.

You don't need to leave it up over the summer. I have a series of canes
along the roof of the greenhouse, and simply drape lengths of bubble
wrap over them, covering roofs and side. I leave permanent bubble wrap
on the bits of the sides that can be replaced easily. Takes me about 30
mins to put it all up and about the same to take it down. The current
bubblewrap (not UV proofed) has been going strong for at least 10 years.
--
Kay