Old 19-11-2008, 12:45 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Galen Hekhuis Galen Hekhuis is offline

Default Freeze Protection

It freezes now and again at night here in northern Florida, and the
weatherguessers have guessed that tonight is going to be one of those
nights. I've brought plants inside and all, but I can't bring the
pond inside. I have sprinklers all around the pond, so I've turned
those on in an attempt to save the plants around the pond. I figure
I'll either wake up to a bunch of happy plants or an incredible ice
sculpture. Of course, it could also be just a bunch of dead plants
and puddles of water, but that isn't very exciting to contemplate. By
the way, the lily will have its eleventh bloom, if it survives.