Old 20-11-2008, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default Receiving this newsgroup (OT a bit)

In message , AriesVal
writes
On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 19:53:54 +0000, Gordon H wrote:

Growing Broad beans? Funny time of year to ask...

I'm growing them at this time of the year for the first time Gordon.
Presently they are approx 5" high and grown outside in pots. I'm planting
them into the ground tomorrow, so watch this space

I grew them once, but the amount of space they took up compared with the
crop didn't seem to make it worth while. They did provide some home
grown beans before the runners were out though, if memory serves me.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply